Search for content in message boards

Descedants of Angus, John, and Donald Cameron

Replies: 27

Re: Descedants of Angus, John, and Donald Cameron

Posted: 15 Jan 2007 12:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
If the "book" you are requesting is "Descendants of Angus, John and Donald Cameron, who Emigrated 1832 Settling in the Dunvegan Area."
Compiled by Gertrude Cameron Toronto, Ontario As of 1972
published 1994 from the Glengarry Genealogical Society Library, Bainsville, Ontario
LDS had a copy on microfilm and I copied it. The information I have is that the father is Angus Cameron married to Flora MacLeod. They initially came from the Isle of Skye, Inverness-shire, Scotland.

From the reminisences of Rory Chisholm, Vankleeck Hill, written down by his daughter, Mrs. Christy (Chisholm) Cook of Toronto, Ontario.

"The early settlers of Kenyon Township, Glengarry County, arrived in September 1832, after an ocean voyage of sixteen weeks. These settlers paid their own fare and provided their food for the voyage to Canada. Those who came on the same ship, the "Fannie" were John Campbell, Lot 33 - 9th Concession, Roderick Ban Chisholm (grandfather of Rory Chisholm) Lot 21 - 9th Concession, L. Jock Lot 22, 9 th Concession, Angus Campbell, Lot 19 - 9th Concession, Donald McKinnon Lot 18, 9th Con., Those who settled west of the side road leading to Dunvegan were Angus Cameron, John Cameron, Norman McDonald, John McPhee, Murdoch McRae, Murdoch McMillian, Alexander A. Stewart. Turning to the 8th Conc. there were Malcolm McLeod, David Urquhart, Donald Dewar, Murdoch Campbell, John McLeod and Alexander Grant. "

I am descended from John. Is there any specific information you are interested in? The first generations are mostly buried in Dunvegan Cemetery in Glengarry, Ontario. I even have photos of their graves thanks to some wonderful person who posted it on the "Field of Stones" web site.

John Cameron born April 11, 1788 in Skye, Inverness-shire, Scotland m. Anne MacDonald 1833 died July 1, 1854

Donald Cameron born 1791 in Glenlg, Scotland m. Catherine MacLennon died Jan. 30, 1873

Angus Cameron b. 1793 m. Salaniz McLean d. 1874

You might notice that I don't have the same birth locations as I have two different sources and haven't been able to verify either yet.

Let me know how I can help you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rosswin 2 Jan 2007 2:51AM GMT 
rosswin 2 Jan 2007 2:51AM GMT 
GraceWilfong 15 Jan 2007 7:10AM GMT 
Fionainnorway 22 Jan 2007 3:54AM GMT 
racrwallace 20 Mar 2008 3:06PM GMT 
Edinburghborn 20 Mar 2008 5:22PM GMT 
GraceWilfong 20 Mar 2008 11:35PM GMT 
Frederick Don... 29 Jul 2009 2:26AM GMT 
Fionainnorway 22 Jan 2007 3:55AM GMT 
angieburchell 8 Apr 2008 7:40AM GMT