Search for content in message boards

John Grant UEL

Replies: 4

John Grant UEL

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 10:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grant, Dow, McIntyre
I was recently shocked to find out that NO ONE ELSE has applied to U.E.L. Association as a descendant of John "Duldraeggan" Grant (who married Mary
McIntyre, Catherine Grant and possibly Caroline Grant) when there is so much written about this family!

I didn't apply, but a cousin recently did and her application was accepted! This basically "proves" that our shared ancestor, John Grant (c.1798-1869) is a son of John "Duldraeggan" Grant and Mary McIntyre!
This was a brickwall of mine for so long!

John Grant, son of John "Duldraeggan" Grant, as far as I can see only had one child (Sarah JANE/JEAN Grant, wife of James Alexander Dow), so that could explain why there aren't too many people researching him, but he had many siblings who married into well known and well researched families that I'm surprised that no one else has applied for this!

If I'm wrong though, feel free to contact me. This cousin was informed by the UEL Association that she has been the only one who has applied though....

rothycat@hotmail.com

Maggie Barron
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
roseclan7 22 Jan 2007 5:56PM GMT 
eaneuman 10 Feb 2007 1:13AM GMT 
young1451 10 Dec 2013 3:00PM GMT 
eaneuman 10 Mar 2014 9:25PM GMT 
bgressel 13 Dec 2013 11:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions