Search for content in message boards

CAMPBELL FAMILY

Replies: 7

Re: CAMPBELL FAMILY

Posted: 24 Mar 2012 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is our family line. My GGgrandfather was Colin (the son of Major Duncan and his wife Janet. My Ggrandfather (Colin's son) Duncan Campbell settled in Paradise Valley area of Alberta after returning to Canada from Cavalier County in North Dakota in 1898 (where many of his children from first wife Jane were born). His wife Jane Griffiths died in 1900 and is buried in Winnipeg. My own grandfather Duncan Campbell left the Alberta homestead in 1932, settling in Kamloops,BC (where I was born as well as my Uncle Duncan). My Uncle Duncan has been gathering info on our family life on the Alberta homestead and has some info on Colin and his wife Mary Storie. We know Major Duncan is buried in Arnprior with his wife Janet, however we don't know much more about him or his family line. We are told he came from Killin Scotland, however we aren't sure if he was born there too? The info my uncle has gotten is from the grand daughter of one of Colin's brother's (William, I believe). We know they went to McNab county 1821/22. My grandfather Duncan was born in Thorne, Quebec in 1857. My uncle Duncan has his info on CAMPBELL FAMILY HEADING WEST on ancestry.com site. We know Major Duncan and Janet were both born in Scotland but have been trying to find out more. We are told they settled in Martintown in 1802 where most of their 9 children were born.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
maureenjam 10 Aug 2007 12:42AM GMT 
Kathy_Helmer 4 Nov 2007 7:10PM GMT 
MaureenJamies... 5 Nov 2007 12:12AM GMT 
jlavery1 30 Apr 2009 12:38AM GMT 
LoreanJeanne 25 Mar 2012 2:05AM GMT 
timothyfcampb... 13 Mar 2013 3:36PM GMT 
drecampbellin... 6 Apr 2013 8:30AM GMT 
timothyfcampb... 6 Apr 2013 1:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic