Search for content in message boards

Ranald McDonald of Soulanges, St. Polycarpe

Replies: 20

Ranald McDonald of Soulanges, St. Polycarpe

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonald/McGillivray

I am researching Ronald and Anne McDonald and associated families. Ronald died in St. Polycarpe in 1852. He married Ann McDonald at St. Francis Xavier in Brockville in 1866. They lived and raised their family in St. Polycarpe. His parents were Ronald MacDonald and Mary McDonald. After Ronalds death Anne followed her Children to Montreal. Ann's parents were Alexander MacDonald and Margaret Scott. Alexander died in Scotland prior to 1848. His father was a John MacDonald who died prior to 1850. Anne's daughters married into the Rawson, Keyes and Smith family. Margaret Jane "Jennie" McDonald married Arthur Francis Rawson and their daughter Mary Rawson married Andrew Keyes. Mary Ann married an Alexander Gould Smith. Margaret married a Joseph Christopher Joy. Alexander Scott McDonald married Mary Hickey. John 2nd married Christina McKinnon. John married Isabella McGillivray from St. Polycarpe. There seems to be a few McDonald and McGillivray marriages.

Margaret Scott remarried Samuel McDonald who was a blacksmith in Arnprior and had a 2nd family consisting of Duncan and James. They lived on lot 4 of Daniel St. purchased from Daniel McLaughlin. Duncan married Julia Keyes and operated a hotel in Arnprior. He died in in 1940. I would like to be able to go back as far as possible. Right now I can't get past 5 generations with any of my Mc/MacDonald connections. I would like to know how Alexander died? If anyone could help me I would be grateful. Thank you,

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carol Gottber... 14 Apr 2012 9:05PM GMT 
James Allan M... 16 Apr 2012 8:18PM GMT 
Carol Gottber... 18 Apr 2012 3:41PM GMT 
James Allan M... 19 Apr 2012 3:07AM GMT 
Carol Gottber... 19 Apr 2012 8:37PM GMT 
James Allan M... 20 Apr 2012 10:56AM GMT 
cargottberg 20 Apr 2012 2:19PM GMT 
cargottberg 20 Apr 2012 3:43PM GMT 
James Allan M... 21 Apr 2012 2:00PM GMT 
Carol Gottber... 21 Apr 2012 8:12PM GMT 
per page