Search for content in message boards

John Grant on the Front

Replies: 12

Re: John Grant on the Front

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 7:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
Since I just found the connection to John and his father, I don't have the name of all of John's wives yet and I don't know when he died for sure. So far, I only have the land records and some wills of other Grants proving the names of John's children. He lived on Lot 10 on the first Concession and he was Presbyterian. His children applied for land as children of a Loyalist. I haven't confirmed that they received land grants from the crown. However, John's father, Peter, was definately a Loyalist and served in the KRRNY. I have the Abstract for Lot 10 and it was transferred from the Crown to Peter Grant, Peter to Duncan Grant, Duncan to John Grant. There was no money involved. I suspected that Peter was the father of both Duncan and John. In our family, the "family lore" was that John was called John Buoy Grant. I have since learned that John Bui meant "fair haired". I have found John Ban Grant (which means the same thing) and that is the John that I have found on Lot 10, 1st Concession. I found another Land Petition for a John Bane Grant who was a prisoner of war. I have found McLennans in many of the wills and other documents relating to our family and I suspected there was a connection but I am not sure what it is. You can contact me directly at bgressel@aol.com if you would like to correspond.
Barb Gressel
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bgressel 6 Sep 2012 2:46AM GMT 
fcormode 6 Sep 2012 5:55PM GMT 
bgressel 8 Sep 2012 1:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions