Search for content in message boards

Hugh MacLean/Ann MacRae, Dunvegan, Ontario

Replies: 2

Hugh MacLean/Ann MacRae, Dunvegan, Ontario

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 1:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Nov 2012 2:07PM GMT
Surnames: MacLean,Mclean, MacMillan,MacRae & MacDonald
I am trying to trace my great-granduncle Hugh Maclean or Mclean, (which is the same) who left the Isle-of-Skye Scotland for Ontario Canada with his brother Hector MacLean in the eighteen fifties.Their parents were Lachlan MacLean and Isabella MacDonald, Dunvegan. Isle-of-Skye, Scotland I know they were both in Dunvegan Kenyon in the early eighteen sixties, as Hector married a Margaret MacMillan on 9th Feb.1860 and Hugh married a Ann MacRae on 20 Aug.1861. Both marriages took place in the Kenyon Presbyterian Church Dunvegan Ontario Canada.I have been able to get a lot of information for Hector and his family, but The only other information I have on Hugh is a Canada Census for 1881. At the time this census was taken the family were residing in Kenyon,Glengarry.Ontario,Canada. The household was Hugh McLean age 48y,his son Laclin McLean age 16y,his daughters Cathren McLean age 13y, Bella Mclean age 7y, and Victoria McLean age 3y. His wife Ann MacRae or MacLean is not on this census. She must have either died or left the houshold. Can anyone help me trace Hugh and his family. Thank you
Hector Campbell
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Eachann39 20 Nov 2012 8:48PM GMT 
dlittle191 30 Apr 2013 10:50AM GMT 
Eachann39 21 Dec 2013 4:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions