Search for content in message boards

Meaning of "Elder" on gravestone in St.Andrew's Williamstown

Replies: 80

Re: Meaning of "Elder" on gravestone in St.Andrew's Williamstown

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grant, Summers, Wright,
Hi Joy and all,
The Abstract is for title purposes. I have attached a copy of my John Grant's lot 10, 1st Concession Abstract. It shows the transfer of the property. I got these from the Ontario Land Registry. I was very excited recently when I was able to trace my family to my UEL ancestor. Peter Grant came from Scotland in 1774. I haven't filled in all of the information but I can connect my same Peter Grant to Sir Johnson's land in the Mohawk Valley, also Peter is on the the victualizing lists, and so is his service in the KRRNY. Peter's son John's land petition (as UEL in his own right) stated that he lived on lot 10, 1st Concession and his father was Peter. As luck would have it, I had already sent for the attached Abstract where I found that Peter had received the land from the Crown. Both of the victualizing lists and the record in the KRRNY showed that Peter had two sons. From this Abstract, it leads me to believe that John, Duncan, and Peter Jr. are brothers and sons of Peter. I don't know Peter's wife's name though. If anyone has any clues to this family, I would love to hear from you.

If you have any connection to the lots that I mentioned, let me know and I will post them or email them to you. I love the Grant history and I have learned so much through my research.
Barb Gressel
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eaneuman 19 Apr 2013 2:56PM GMT 
joyweave 25 Apr 2013 2:51PM GMT 
eaneuman 25 Apr 2013 7:25PM GMT 
joyweave 25 Apr 2013 8:50PM GMT 
joyweave 19 Apr 2013 1:00PM GMT 
bgressel 20 Apr 2013 1:48AM GMT 
joyweave 20 Apr 2013 11:44AM GMT 
bgressel 20 Apr 2013 3:34PM GMT 
young1451 20 Apr 2013 8:07PM GMT