Search for content in message boards

Lookups

Replies: 7
Posted: 27 May 2013 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Well, I am pleased to meet you! I haven't had contact with any of Bathia's people before! Linda Drake had contacted me 2 years ago when she was working on having Bathia certified as a UEL descendant. I had been in touch with Linda prior to that regarding another matter and she knew that I was a Leslie descendant. I am rather curious as to what all you have for Bathia and Alexander that hasn't been published, etc. Is there anything that comes to mind that would give me a " bigger picture " of what they were like, that you would care to share? I must say that she would have had to have been a very patient person...thinking of how it was so long before she could join Alexander!! By the way, Alexander descended from an interesting Leslie line that was and still is, thought of with great affection by Clan MacPherson of Inverness-shire. Two of his Leslie kinsman had provided protection and comfort for the MacPherson chieftain after Culloden. Do you have any information on the Fortune family by any chance? I was just wondering about Dr. Robert Fortune.....Going back to my query, I realize now there is only the one volume for Alexanderia. I did go back into the death regis. for the Alexander Leslie I had queried about, and it says he was Baptist...Was the Church on the Hill a Baptist church? What would your advice be, other than that there may be no stones? And you could be right about that too. Would you mind checking for Simpson or McGillis in that Vol.4? I guess I will close now...if you choose, you can reach me at bonnieharwood@hotmail.com....by the way I am a MacPherson. Thanks again......Bonnie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BonnieHarwood... 27 May 2013 1:57AM GMT 
rhodawestlake... 27 May 2013 5:31PM GMT 
BonnieHarwood... 27 May 2013 5:41PM GMT 
rosswin 27 May 2013 5:58PM GMT 
rosswin 27 May 2013 6:15PM GMT 
BonnieHarwood... 27 May 2013 6:45PM GMT 
rosswin 27 May 2013 7:43PM GMT 
BonnieHarwood... 27 May 2013 9:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions