Search for content in message boards

Farm Lanes of Bentinck.

Replies: 0

Farm Lanes of Bentinck.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 12:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGillivray, McGilvery, MacGilvray, Connor
Can someone please do a look up for me in the Farm Lanes of Bentinck?

I am looking for a McGillivray family from Scotland buried together in the Rocky Saugeen Cemetery Bentinck Township, Grey, Ontario, Canada.

Mary McGillivray 1800-1847,
Alexander McGillivray 1842-1867,
Margaret (McGillivray) Connor 1827-1867.

I believe Mary McGillivray is probably the mother of Margaret and Alex as they are buried together and listed on the same stone.

Margaret McGillivray Connor was born in Scotland, she was married to Thomas Connor in March 1849. (Census 1861) Their oldest child Sarah Connor Colborne reports being "born at Sea" in Oct 1849, but early Census records say Ontario. As Mary McGillivray died in Grey, Ontario in 1847 I believe the family was probably already in Canada.

Margaret McGillivray and Thomas Connor lived in Glenig, Grey, Canada in the 1852 Census and in Collingwood, Grey, Canada in 1861, she dies in 1867 leaving 11 children. Thomas Connor remarries Mary A. Clarke and lives in Brant, Ontario Canada in 1871.

Two of Margaret Connor's children are living with Archibald 36 and Donald 28 McGillivray in Elderslie, North Bruce, Ontario in 1871.

I am looking for Margaret McGillivray Connor's father and Mary McGillivray's husband ______ McGillivray. Any info on this McGillivray Family would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions