Search for content in message boards

EVANS, HILL, HOSNER,STEEN

Replies: 15

Re: EVANS, HILL, HOSNER,STEEN

Posted: 16 Jun 2011 9:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holland, Caughell, Featherstone, McLaughlin
Here it is June 2011 and I don't know if you are all still around. But I am wondering if there is a connection to the Theresa Holland you mentioned. I am trying to Research Minnie Holland who was married I believe to John Featherstone. They farmed on the Indian Line which is now Bain Rd. South Cayuga. Had one daughter Ollie who was married and widowed to Norm Snider, then Married to Arthur (Curley) Remnant, (who immigrated here from England) My father was raised by John & Minnie Featherstone (maidenname-Holland) and was in fact related through the Caughells. His father was Floyd MacLaughlin.(U.S. Spelling) His paternal Grandmother was a Caughell who was married to My Great grandfather MacLaughlin, given names unknown at this time, lived in Lackawanna New York, widowed with 3 sons, Will, Ira & Floyd. She then remarried Charlie Olin. I am trying to find out who Minnie's parents were. She was a Holland and I am wondering if her mother was a Caughell? She had 3 siblings that I knew well as a child. But probably more that is why I wonder about this Theresa mentioned.- They were Will, Rhoda, Jean. Clear as Mud eh? My Father was sent here from Lackawanna NY, as a young child to be raised by relatives, John & Minnie, as his mother died in Childbirth and his father was in the Navy and couldn't care for him.
There are quite a few relatives here in Haldimand/South Cayuga and Western NY.
Thank you for any help.
Diane
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cynthia_weede... 16 Nov 2010 4:56PM GMT 
dianefai 16 Jun 2011 3:07PM GMT 
tallow 20 Feb 2013 7:34PM GMT 
hockeygeorgie 3 Jan 2013 3:41AM GMT 
Tasha Treptow 17 Mar 2003 3:01AM GMT 
Jim McCallum 19 Mar 2003 12:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions