Search for content in message boards

Frances Maire, or Mair, or Mires of Norval, Glen Williams 1895 - 1940

Replies: 15

Re: Frances Maire, or Mair, or Mires of Norval, Glen Williams 1895 - 1940

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 2:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Very interesting!!!

Since yesterday, I’ve been re-thinking this “native mother story” about my grandmother, Frances Mair. My dad said something that got me thinking that maybe there is no biological native mother.

My dad now recalls a conversation, from year’s back, that my grandmother said as a young girl she would travel from Toronto with her father, James Mair, to Norval/Glen Williams/Georgetown to visit people and family, while there my grandmother claimed that she would sometimes visit a native tribe/reserve in Norval. And apparently, while visiting this tribe/reserve, for the weekend, her father, James, would be “chasing & flirting” with the native women. My dad believes this went on for about 3 yrs.

I do believe that she had connections with native people, as she would teach me, as a young child, how to make native art; however, she never “preached” the native beliefs or history. I do remember her telling me, as a young teen, that I have native blood in me, however, I starting to wonder if this might have been a “story” that was told to her, but not the full truth of her biological parents.

Just maybe, Ida Young or someone else is the biological mother and not a native woman, OR just maybe, the story is true. This is a mystery.

Yes, I’ll contact you at the address listed.

Barb Bedard
Barb.bedard@yahoo.ca
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barbara Bedar... 24 Apr 2013 8:24PM GMT 
Jane Gillard 24 Apr 2013 8:33PM GMT 
Barbara Bedar... 24 Apr 2013 9:56PM GMT 
Jane Gillard 24 Apr 2013 10:13PM GMT 
Jane Gillard 25 Apr 2013 11:31AM GMT 
Barbara Bedar... 25 Apr 2013 8:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions