Search for content in message boards

Stanley Twp., Huron Co., "English", "Jenkins" and "McGregor" families

Replies: 4

Stanley Twp., Huron Co., "English", "Jenkins" and "McGregor" families

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2013 6:48AM GMT
Surnames: English, Crawford, Johnson, Jenkins, McGregor
I am looking for help of any kind to further my information for the family of Robert English and Letitia/Letty (Crawford) English, both born in Ireland.

Huron Co. is not a county I have interest in personally. I am working on providing a distant cousin further information on his father's family. We only just met, what a wonderful Christmas gift making connection with him! My way of giving back for the info he provided me on his mother's family, his mother being an older sister of my grandfather whom I was extremely close to until his death.

Robert English b 1815-1817 Ireland
Letitia/Letty (Crawford) English b abt 1818 Ireland

The Robert and Letitia/Letty immigrated to Canada bef or abt 1840, when their first child was born in Hawkesbury, Prescott Co., Ontario. 5 of their children (that I am aware of) were born here.

George b abt 1840
John C. b abt 1843 He married Susan Johnson, daughter of Thomas and Mariah Johnson, 15 June 1877 Stanley Twp., but immigrated immediately after with his bride to Isabella Co., Michigan, USA, where they lived their lives and are buried.
William b abt 1845
Mary b 15 Aug 1849 or 1850 (married William Jenkins 1878 at Bayfield, Stanley Twp., the couple immigrating to Shoal Lake, Manitoba abt 1879-1880 and are buried there.
Ellen b abt 1851

Robert was b 17 March 1861 and Alexander b 1 July 1864, both in Stanley Twp., Huron Co..

I believe there are a number of "English" families in the area between 1851 and 1861 (per census info), when the family first appears in Stanley Twp., Huron Co.. Have no idea how any of these "English" families connect or if they even do.

William Jenkins b 1848 (Perthshire?) Scotland first appears in the area in the 1861 census' with an aunt and uncle, Clara (I believe) McGregor age 89, b Scotland and Daniel McGregor age 49 (45?), b Scotland. I know they are related somehow to William Jenkins as his mother's maiden name was McGregor. (Parents passed away prior to his immigrating to Canada). Parents names were Peter Jenkins and Mary McGregor.

Thank you all for your time!!! Lookups, direction, any and all help, would be greatly appreciated.

Heather

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bensonrift 6 Jan 2013 9:39PM GMT 
satch42179 7 Jan 2013 12:33AM GMT 
bensonrift 7 Jan 2013 4:33PM GMT 
isiertsema 11 Jan 2013 3:55AM GMT 
bensonrift 11 Jan 2013 2:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions