Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on an Ontario Depew line

Replies: 5

Looking for info on an Ontario Depew line

Posted: 1 Oct 2002 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Depew, Swan
My father, Joseph Chauncey Francais Depew, son of Chauncey Depew, was born in 1934 in Ontario. I believe that his relatives live in or near a place called souix fall, or souix lookout. My father died a few years back without passing on much information of his relatives. This what he did tell me (questionable info at best). The Depews were orgionally French Hugenots (sp?), who moved to England for obvious reasons. From there, they moved to America, where we had plantations, also slaves, explaining african-american depews. We sided with the british in the revolution (why do you think my name is Tory?), and then moved to Canada. He once said something about the king giving us a chunk of land for siding with the british. He also claimed that we were related to the famous Chauncey Depew. Other than that, all I know is Joseph and his father Chauncey, and mother Margorie (maiden name Swan) moved to America when Joseph was 15. Joseph had 7 children, Myself, Tory, my brothers, Ferdinand, Gerald, Heath, Drake,and Bennett, and my sister, Kathleena. This is what I've been told, and would like to know the truth of any of it, and also any information on current relatives living in Ontario.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
depewve0 1 Oct 2002 8:39AM GMT 
gracescottjew... 6 Oct 2002 3:33PM GMT 
GGDK51 24 Jan 2004 12:15AM GMT 
GGDK51 29 Feb 2004 11:42AM GMT 
GGDK51 31 Jul 2012 7:22PM GMT 
beas28 6 Dec 2012 11:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions