Search for content in message boards

Looking for ancestors in Chatham, Ontario.

Replies: 16

Re: Looking for ancestors in Chatham, Ontario.

Margaret O'Phee (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2002 11:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have my records now.
Mary (Ann) O'Phee was the daughter of John O'Phee and Julia McPherson, so she was born an O'Phee. Mary (Ann) O'Phee is the sister of my grandfather, Dawson O'Phee. Mary Ann's and Dawson's (and their 5 sibs)father, John O'Phee, was one of the three Irish brothers who immigrated to Canada.
Mary O'Phee did marry Richard Gill. The names of their children, according to my records, are the same as the names you posted, Orlo, Orville, Willis, Julia, but I don't have a Richard and the other girl's name that I have is Mary. Richard could have been born later and I don't know why the girl's name differs in our records. However, Isabel is a name that appears more than once in my family.
Barbara McPherson who married James Gill was the daughter of John McPherson who was the brother of Julia (McPherson) O'Phee, so Barbara was the cousin of Julia (O'Phee)Gill.
The O'Phee family did not technically come from Chatham. They were from Raleigh Township, which is just outside of Chatham and they were farmers.
This is great! I'm really happy to connect with someone who has this information. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patti Schroeder 25 Jul 2002 11:45AM GMT 
jimofee1 1 Jan 2004 9:07PM GMT 
Margaret O'Phee 25 Jul 2002 5:19AM GMT 
Patti Schroeder 21 Aug 2002 8:04PM GMT 
Margaret O'Phee 21 Aug 2002 11:33PM GMT 
Patti Schroeder 22 Aug 2002 12:37PM GMT 
Janice_Trenou... 23 Jul 2012 6:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic