Search for content in message boards

Looking for ancestors in Chatham, Ontario.

Replies: 16

Re: Looking for ancestors in Chatham, Ontario.

Patti Schroeder (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2002 6:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bates, Gill, Murdock, O'Phee
Hi Margaret, Thought you might like to see the reply I recieved from Tom Murdock. I wrote and asked him about his brother. If you would like to contact him directly please email me at pschroeder@tds.net I will connect the 2 of you up.How had you determined you were related to the Murdocks?
Here it is:
And the world does, indeed, become smaller yet again.

My brother Jim is from California and does rent a cottage almost yearly at Rondeau Park where we have a family gathering.

Think I also mentioned that I saw an old map depicting the plot of land in Raleigh Twp cleared by my ggrandfather Ed Murdock ........ on that map and on the same piece of property was the name O'Phee. I assumed that Murdock bought from O'Phee or the other way around. And right next door was the Gill farm - remember 'pitching a little woo'? Ed Murdock married Ellen Gill from that farm.

Children of Thomas Gill and Mary Blackmore were Ellen, Thomas, Edward, Richard, Mary, William, George, Lucy, Sarah and James.

The O'Phee clan was right in there with the Murdock, Gill, Blackmore, Jenner etc bunch in Raleigh Twp. I'll look forward to see what info she has available - that possible?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patti Schroeder 25 Jul 2002 11:45AM GMT 
jimofee1 1 Jan 2004 9:07PM GMT 
Margaret O'Phee 25 Jul 2002 5:19AM GMT 
Patti Schroeder 21 Aug 2002 8:04PM GMT 
Margaret O'Phee 21 Aug 2002 11:33PM GMT 
Patti Schroeder 22 Aug 2002 12:37PM GMT 
Janice_Trenou... 23 Jul 2012 6:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions