Search for content in message boards

Henry Snary's Diary

Replies: 0

Henry Snary's Diary

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 8:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lampman Eaton
This is a long shot, but here goes. I descend from George Lampman b. 31 Aug. 1806 Dorset, England d. 14 Mar. 1884 Camden Tp., Kent, ON (formerly Dawn Tp., Lambton Co, ON) m. Alvira Eaton (possibly dau. of John Eaton and his wife Ann). I am wondering if anyone still has contact with the person who had Henry Snary's diary. The Snarys and Lampmans were close as the following land record states:

#1034 George Lampman
Dawn
4 March 1840
answered 24 March 1840
Clergy
{post mark Dawn Mills Mar 4 U.C.}

To. R. B. Sullivan, Esq.
Commisioner Crown Lands
Toronto

{another illegible signature on bottom - like Mr. Nunhill 12 March 1840}

Dawn, March 4th 1840 #1035
Sir,
I take the liberty of writing to you excuse myself for not having paid the instalments due on Lot. No. 8 in the 11th concession of the Township of Dawn Western District. and to know if there will be any objections to receiving 2 instalments next Fall on said Lot.
I am residing on the Lot and have to raise the Payments from the produce, I should have been able to make the payments regularly, but the late troubles have prevented me from doing any thing in the winters as I have had to serve in the Militia in the winters of 1838 and 1839.
I wish also to inform you that I have sold my right to the East half of said Lot to John Snarey about three years ago (and who occupied it immediately) and I gave him a conditional Bond for the Deed. John Snarey is lately dead and left a family of Children and his Widow is very anxious to make the payments and take out the Deed in her own name, her Husband died Intestate and left Freehold Landed Property which falls to the Heir and she wishes to have the above Lot in her own name to enable her to support herself and Family as she is living on the East (hard to read fraction here - my note) of said Lot.
I should be very willing to give a quit Claim to her of all right that I may have on the Land and should be very glad if you could give your consent to the above arrangement
#1036 I also beg leave to State that John Snarey was serving in the Militia in the Winters of 1838 and 9 and caught a cold in the service of which he never recovered.

I am Sir your most
Obedient Servant
George Lampman

To R B Sullivan
Commissioner Crown Lands
Toronto

Any help or information on the Lampmans (George or his wife especially) would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic