Search for content in message boards

Joseph Lett married to Jane Nesbitt

Replies: 6

Re: Joseph Lett married to Jane Nesbitt

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 3:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEVER WEAVER DEO
Hi Rick,

I found out that James and Caroline Wever/Weaver had property next to Frederick Wever. That Frederick built a church on his property and this is where James may have been buried in January 1878. I have James' will and he was very ill when it was written in January 1878. The Lambton Co. Library, Forest Branch wrote back to me and gave me this information:
"James Weaver's family are listed on Concession 6 Lot 3 (west 1/2) of Warwick Township. This is located close to the town of Forest. I see that the family is Anglican (also known as Episcopal Methodist). We have very limited records for the Anglican Church and Anglican cemetery in Forest for these early years. I do not see any Weaver/Wever listed on the records of the church or cemetery. There is a record from 1877 and 1878 that lists all church members. There are also birth, death and marriage records that are sporadic but start in the 1860s and end in the early 1900s. One possibility is that the Weaver family attended church just a couple of lots over and on the same road where they lived. On Con 7 Lot 6 Warwick, Zion Methodist Episcopal Church was built on the property of Frederick and Clarissa Weaver. The church was built in 1873 and closed in 1883. One of the church representatives is listed as Daniel Dunham who lived in the neighbourhood and attended the church. It says the many of the members joined the Forest Methodist Church when this one closed. James' burial could have taken place at the Anglican Cemetery or Bradley Cemetery in Forest but the records and cemeteries no longer exist. He may have also been buried on the farm where he lived. This was not an uncommon practice. To my knowledge there is no burial ground where the Zion church was located. It is not uncommon for a death to not be registered. Although a law was passed in 1869 that all deaths, marriages and births were to be registered, many people especially in rural areas did not register these."
Do you have further information about Frederick that you would share with me. Thanks, Diana Truan Weaver
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jerry Jasper 5 Jan 2003 6:17PM GMT 
Rick Wever 20 Jun 2003 10:50PM GMT 
Jerry Jasper 21 Jun 2003 12:07AM GMT 
Rick Wever 22 Jun 2003 11:17PM GMT 
pctyee1 25 Nov 2012 10:21PM GMT 
pctyee1 22 Sep 2012 9:31PM GMT 
pctyee1 4 Nov 2012 5:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic