Search for content in message boards

Mary Dobie Married to Henry Ramie

Replies: 3

Mary Dobie Married to Henry Ramie

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi my great grandmother was Mary (Marie) Lenor Aegerter born to Adolph Aegerter and Lena Ramnia on the marriage certificate (could be Ramee or Ramie) who was born to Henry and Mary Ramnia, both from Norway. My Aunt belives Mary was from Canada and was a Dobie. There daugter Lena married Adolph Aegerter in Wisconsin.

Adolph was a twin to Rudolph Aegerter and Rudolph married Ida. Lena was hospitalized with insanity in 1898 after the birth of twins, Amanda and Elsa and Adolph died two years later leaving 6 children orphaned, including my great grandmother. They had 7 children, one of which my Aunt believes, died and it is likely to be Elsa, according to Adolph’s obituary confirming 6 orphans and the fact that I can confirm all the other siblings living with relatives or other familiars via the Census. . Here are the children of Adolph and Lena according to my great grandmother’s records and what I have validated.
• 1885 Walter
• 1997 Mae
• 1891 Dora
• 1894 Henry
• 1896 Mary (Marie) Lenor
• 1898 Amanda (Twin)
• 1898 Elsa (Twin)
You can see this documentation on my tree entitled Anderson - Hollister Union. My dilemma is I can not find information on Lena, except on her marriage certificate naming her parents as Henry and Mary Ramnia (or derivatives of that name) from Norway and confrimation that she was indeed in the Monroe Asylum in 1920.

Does anyone have have any informtion or clues on where I should go from here? I feel like I am on the hunt for a needle in a haystack.

Best regards,
Holly
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hkemery1954 25 Jan 2013 12:57AM GMT 
satch42179 25 Jan 2013 2:47AM GMT 
hkemery1954 26 Feb 2013 12:29AM GMT 
hkemery1954 31 Mar 2013 3:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic