Search for content in message boards

Sarah Ann Palmateer or Palmatier

Replies: 10

Re: Sarah Ann Palmateer or Palmatier

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 10:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
The Sarah Palmateer who married James Boomhour had the middle name of Eliza. Her death record supports this and it also states that she was born in Kennebec. So who was Sarah Ann Palmateer or was her middle name given incorrectly at one point in time?

Ontario, Canada Deaths, 1869-1934
Name:Sarah Eliza Boomhour
Death Date:17 May 1907
Death Location:Faraday, Hastings Lot 5 Conc A
Name of husband: James Boomhour
Cause of death: Dropsy and debility, 2 weeks
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1850
Birth Location: Kennebec

I have not been able to locate a marriage record for James Wesley Boomhour and Sarah Eliza Palmateer to show who her parents were. Do you have that record? Since she was born about 1852 she is not listed on the 1851 census with James Palmateer and Martha Ann Scott. On which census did you find her living with another family? I still tend to think that she was their daughter.

Caton Edmund Palmateer and Elithur Ann Varty also had a daughter named Sarah Eliza who married Eli McCumber.

Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1857-1922
Name: Sarah Eliza Palmateer
Birth Place: Barrie, living Sheffield
Father Name: Caten Palmateer
Mother Name: Elizabeth Ann Palmateer (Elithur)
Estimated birth year: abt 1860
Spouse Name: Eli McCumber
Spouse's Age: 22
Spouse Birth Place: Hinchenbrooke, living Camden
Spouse Father Name: Edward McCumber
Spouse Mother Name : Sarah Ann McCumber
Marriage Date: 11 Jul 1879
Marriage Place: Sheffield, Lennox and Addington
Marriage County: Lennox and Addington
Witnesses: None
Source: Indexed by: Ancestry.com

I also add this information that I got from another posting about the illegitimate child of Caton Edmund Palamteer whose name was Elizabeth, so I think there is still some confusion here:

Greetings, friends and probably family!
I am looking for connections to Caton Henry Palmateer of Albany New York, his son Edmond Caton and the interesting story of his almost forgotten love Sarah. As many of you may know, Edmond married three times to two Brown sisters and one Elither Ann Varty. Many don't know about Sarah the Mohawk woman he had at least one child with. This daughter is Elizabeth Palmateer King, one day wife of Noah King. Elizabeth had many brothers and sisters including; Sarah or Sadie, Eva, Ezra, Harvey, Ella or Eli, George, Charolette, Emma and Mary. The ones that may be unfamiliar to all of you in the know, will be Sarah and Mary. Sarah married Eli McCumber of Sagerville? and Mary owned property in Central Bridge, Schoharie County New York near the property of Warren Palmateer and Nelson Palmateer.

If anyone else has heard this story before and could fill in some details such as what happened to Sarah, Edmond's love, Sarah and Mary Elizabeth's sisters, the connections to Warren and Nelson in the Palmateer line or anything else you think is valuable - please let me know. Also, many years ago, I heard from a fellow researcher that there were other connections in the Palmateer line to Tyendinaga Mohawk reserve. Ideas? Pass them on! Thanks, Angie.

Audrey
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
amblo65 27 Jan 2009 4:56AM GMT 
NoraMcL 27 Jan 2009 1:33PM GMT 
amblo65 27 Jan 2009 4:54PM GMT 
Wisknou 6 Aug 2009 10:14AM GMT 
amblo65 9 Aug 2009 4:49PM GMT 
Wisknou 11 Aug 2009 12:08AM GMT 
NoraMcL 11 Aug 2009 2:27PM GMT 
amblo65 11 Aug 2009 5:25PM GMT 
bdrf422 25 Jun 2011 7:31PM GMT 
garnetbarlow 10 Oct 2012 6:56PM GMT