Search for content in message boards

McGinns, tenants on Amherst Island

Replies: 0

McGinns, tenants on Amherst Island

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 10:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
A few years back I posted this board a few times wondering if our family connected to the MaGin/McGinnis UEL family in the Bath/Amherst area.
We do not connect!
I now know that we are from County Down, over about 1820, settling in Matilda Tp Dundas County.The legend has it that 10 or so individuals in the family came over but we have, so far, only accounted for 7. McGinns still live in the Iroquois area and several of the family have gone west to Alberta and on to BC and Seattle. I do know that McGinns from Down came over as tenants on Amherst I think about the same time frame.
I found a death registration for "William McGinn, age 23, date of death 06 Feb 1870, born County Down about 1847, informant Samuel McGinn, farmer on Amherst, cause of death was TB.
Way back about 10 years ago there were McGinn researchers monitoring this list/board. I am hoping they are still out there to provide some information on the Amherst McGinn family.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions