Search for content in message boards

Winters Families in Richmond, L & A County, Ontario

Replies: 43

Winters Families in Richmond, L & A County, Ontario

Posted: 4 Jan 2004 9:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Feb 2005 7:31AM GMT
Surnames: Wylie, Waller, Winters, McKetterick, Glasgow, Anerson, russell, Sexsmith, Hudgins, Spencer, Burke, Robinson, Hawley, Keech
How is it that I get an e saying your message was posted to the Len and Add board and I go there, and no message...I don't get how this happens. It's happened a few times now!

Anyway, hi Jen Wylie, we have corresponded before but I can't rem. over which surname(s).

I have the 1851 census info from Richmond that is in Russ Waller's transcription. Samuel Winters must be related then to the other Winters families in Richmond at this time, is he not? If so, any chance he was a brother to John Winters born 1818 in County Antrim, Ireland who was married to Sarah McKitterick?

From the 1851 census for Adolphustown, Richmond, Sheffield Townships in Lennox and Addington County, re-built & indexed by Russ Waller, U.E., his page 29:

Samuel Winters Age 49 Male Married Born Ireland Church of Eng. Farmer 1 story Log house Div. 3, Concession 5, Lot 7 on 100 acres Buried at Sexsmith Cem.
Margaret Winters (Glasgow) Age 48 Female Married Born Ireland Church of England
David Winters Age 20 Male Single Born Ireland CE Laborer
Nancy Winters 18 Female " " "
Jane Winters 16 " " " "
Abraham Winters 13 Male " " "
Thomas Winters 12 " " " "
Samuel Winters 9 " " " "
Glasgow Winters 4 " " " "

Other families on same page are Anderson, Russell and Sexsmith, also from Ireland. There are 34 Winters individuals on same census, including these 9 above and John Winters' family: John age 34 on this census, (7 people total); he is next to a William Winters on same page age 36 and his family, (6 people); Robert Winters age 51 and his family are on opposite page (8 total); there is an Abraham Winters age 37 and single on page 23 in between Hudgins and Spencer families; and a Daniel Winters age 61, wife Jane, and (daughter?) Eliza on page 41 with Burke and Robinson families also from Ireland.

If you need any other info, let me know, and again, is "your" Samuel a brother to "my" John? I am not related to Winters families at all, but the John Winters family was very close to one of my Hawley families, John and his wife looked after some of the Hawley kids when their mother left, I have a copy of a picture of John Winters from a tin daguerreotype, somewhere here in all my stuff. John Winters and his family went to Barrie township. My Keech's were in Barrie/Cloyne as well.

Thanks again from Nora in frozen Alberta, Canada (minus 25 this morning, better than minus 32 which was yesterday morn...!)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NoraMcL 4 Jan 2004 4:20PM GMT 
bunting81 9 Jan 2004 4:51PM GMT 
Nora in Alberta, Canada 9 Jan 2004 6:09PM GMT 
JMPEEB 4 Dec 2008 11:39PM GMT 
Virgene_Travi... 24 Mar 2013 1:42AM GMT 
ArleneColman 25 Oct 2008 2:20PM GMT 
JMPEEB 4 Dec 2008 11:33PM GMT 
ArleneColman 5 Dec 2008 4:08AM GMT 
JMPEEB 5 Dec 2008 1:13PM GMT 
robertakaren 4 Mar 2012 2:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions