Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Replies: 30

Re: Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Audrey Parks (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2006 11:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hartin Scott Parks Boomhower Barefoot Woodcock Baker King
Hi Nora,

Thanks so much for your response to my query. I was very excited and so thankful to receive the information that you gave. We just recently returned from a vacation to Northbrook, ON, where my husband Samuel Parks was born and raised. We did get a little bit more information about his ancestors while we were there, but I still have a long way to go, so I'm really just starting his large family tree (soon to become a forest I think!)

I just now found that I did make an error in Jehial Hartin's date of birth - I believe it should have been September 9. 1827. Lois was kind enough to send me proof of his death and burial March 22. 1922 in which it states he was 95 years and 6 months old, so he must have been born Sept.9.1827. The information I found on Familysearch.org says that Daniel was born September 1825.

My husband's family on his mother's side descends from Laura King and Charles Barefoot. Their daughter Mary Barefoot (from Tamworth?) married Joseph H. Baker from Marlbank. We have heard that Mary Barefoot was of native descent but have no proof of this. Do you have more information on these families?

We also heard that Mary Barefoot died giving birth to Ida May Baker, and Ida was raised by grandparents (unknown which ones). I have been unable to find out more information about Joseph H. Baker and his family. He apparently lived in the Marlbank area all of his life.

Ida May Baker married Fredrick Lasher Hartwick. They had 10 children born to them: Jean, Norma, Mildred, Vera, Rita, Myrtle, Lila, Fred, Lorne and Ronnie.

Fredrick Lasher Hartwick was the son of David Hartwick and Mary Amelia Tryon. David Hartwick and Mary Tryon had 4 children: Fredrick Lasher, William Franklin, Edyth and Cecil.

David Hartwick's parents were Samuel Hartwick and Catherine Trotter.
Samuel Hartwick's parents were John A. Hartwick and Mary Ann Kelly. (Unknown where John A. Hartwick came from)
Mary Ann Kelly's parents were David Kelly and Mary Babcock. I believe they came from New York?
Mary Babcock's parents were Samuel Babcock and Rachel ??

Jean Hartwick, one of the daughters to Fredrick Lasher Hartwick and Ida May Baker, was my husband's mother. She first married Harold Foy Parks. They divorced and Jean lived with Durland Boomhower in Northbrook for a short time, and my husband Samuel Durland Parks was born, so he really should have had the last name of Boomhower. Durland's parents were Samuel Boomhower and Catherine Hartin.

Samuel Boomhower's parents were Peter Boomhower and Julie Ann Woodcock.
Peter's Boomhower's parents were Andrew Boomhower and Elisa Ann Clark.
Julie Ann Woodcock's parents were Christopher Woodcock and Hetty Ann Wood.

Catherine Hartin's parents were James Hartin and Minerva Scott. James Hartin and Miverva had the following children: Catherine, Asa, Aggie, Hehial (Hial), Daniel, Edna, Maude and Herman.

Minerva's parents were John Scott and Mercy Ann Parks. James Hartin's parents were Jehial Hartin and Elsa (Elisa) Jane Parks.

If you have any further information you would share with me about these familes, birth, death, marriage dates, etc. I would be very thankful to receive this information. Since we don't live in the area, and have just found out this information about my husband's family, it would be so greatly appreciated. You can email me privately if you wish.

Thanks,
Audrey
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Audrey Parks 6 Aug 2006 4:46AM GMT 
NJMcLean 6 Aug 2006 1:59PM GMT 
Audrey Parks 6 Aug 2006 5:50PM GMT 
NJMcLean 6 Aug 2006 5:46PM GMT 
bettygrinde 8 Dec 2006 3:12PM GMT 
brendamawani 9 Nov 2010 5:58PM GMT 
mjrowlandson1 30 Nov 2010 12:21AM GMT 
PhillipMintz 1 Jan 2007 12:36AM GMT 
NoraMcL 1 Jan 2007 6:02PM GMT 
PhillipMintz 1 Jan 2007 10:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions