Search for content in message boards

Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Replies: 30

Re: Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Posted: 6 Aug 2006 7:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2006 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Hartin, Prosser, Haines, Parks, Boomhower, Bradshaw, Hartwick, Woodcock
Hi Audrey, have not worked on these specific families in awhile and I am sure there is more info online now for them, but I do have some info.

Good question about Mercy Parks and Elsie Parks- there are people who are very knowlegeable about Parks families who might be able to answer this question. (?) I have recorded that parents of Eliza were Wesley Parks and Sarah Jane, but no other info.

Daniel Hartin married Nancy Jane Bradshaw d/of David Bradshaw and Mary/Polly Carter. In Hartin family I have names of six children, with Daniel born Aug. 13, 1825, and Jehiel Sept. 9, 1825 which of course is not possible. I probably took those dates from the 1901 census and one of them (or both) must have wrong year. Another brother was William Hartin born Nov. 17, sometime between 1822 and 1825, he may have stated a birthyear as well of 1825 and that's why I have it rec. this way. (All three not born 1825, were they?!) William was married to Eliza Dopking d/of Nathaniel and Sarah Dopking. Another brother George Hartin was born May 11, 1837 or 1839, was married to Margaret Sweet d/of John and Sophia Greenleaf.

Nelson Hartin was born about 1840, no info on him except he died Apr. 10, 1927 in Kingston. He was married with children but have not worked on his family.

Margaret Hartin born about 1843 married John Henry Wilson.

I have these 6 Hartin individuals as children of Joseph Hartin born 1800 @ Rome, Oneida County, New York, died Jan. 3, 1884 @ South Fredericksburgh.His wife was Catherine Prosser born about 1801 @ same place as her husband, she died November 1870 @ Richmond, L & A County, Ont.

I do not have proof of this but have siblings for Joseph Hartin as Henry D. Hartin 1796-1885; he was married to Margaret Reid- they lived and died @ Camden East; Annie Hartin born about 1799 who was married to George Prosser; Sarah Hartin born 1805-1815 who was married to Wayman Haines. Have no clue who the parents would have been for these four, if they are siblings.

Ditto for Catherine Prosser born about 1801, my work is speculation, but I think she could have been a daughter of John Prosser born 1767 in USA and died sometime after Sept. 1850 @ Rome, Oneida County, New York- his wife was Ann Haines born about 1770, died sometime before Sept, 1850, possible @ Rome, Oneida County, New York. I have not been in touch with them in years but people were actively working on this particular Prosser line, so may have new/updated info for you. Look for people who are desc. of John Prosser born 1796 known as Elder John Prosser; he may have been Catherine Prosser's brother. His wife was Sarah Willoughby. I have names of six children in that family- John and Catherine, plus Daniel Prosser, Solomon, George and Isaac. On my father's side, some of my own ancestors (Keech) are directly connected to both Haines and Prosser families- the Keech's were also in Oneida County at one time.

You have mentioned some other names I also have worked on- Baker, King, Barefoot and Woodcock- who are you interested in, in particular? Who are your husband's grandparents and great-grandparents?

Nora
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Audrey Parks 6 Aug 2006 4:46AM GMT 
NJMcLean 6 Aug 2006 1:59PM GMT 
Audrey Parks 6 Aug 2006 5:50PM GMT 
NJMcLean 6 Aug 2006 5:46PM GMT 
bettygrinde 8 Dec 2006 3:12PM GMT 
brendamawani 9 Nov 2010 5:58PM GMT 
mjrowlandson1 30 Nov 2010 12:21AM GMT 
PhillipMintz 1 Jan 2007 12:36AM GMT 
NoraMcL 1 Jan 2007 6:02PM GMT 
PhillipMintz 1 Jan 2007 10:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions