Search for content in message boards

Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Replies: 30

Re: Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Posted: 29 Nov 2010 5:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
This geneology line is a very interesting read. I would like to contribute some info. I am the daughter of Thomas Reginal Sedgwick. Granddaughter of Clara Elizabeth Alma (Jerum)Taylor Sedgwick and Reginald Clarence Sedgwick (Feb 1901 to Feb 1939).They were married December 27, 1923 in Port Hope Ontario.

Clara's mother Flora was originally married to a Jerum. When Flora Agnes ((Smit) anglicized to Smith) came to North America from Germany she originally imigrated to the US. Clara had a full blood brother his name was Edward Jerum(deceased)(no surviving children or grandchildren). Than Flora imigrated to Canada with only Clara. Ed stayed state side. I do not know at this time whether she had already married Leslie Taylor or she met him here in Canada ( I have that info writen down somewhere). But I do know that her first husband had passed away before she married Leslie.

Clara left her husband Reginald Sedgwick and her two sons in 1931ish. My grandfather was unable to look after two small boys on his own, both boys were sent to children's aid in PortHope, Ont. My father(Thomas) was 6 years old and his brother(George) was 4 years old.
My grandfather Reginal Sedgwick died in 1939 of pneumonia.

Hence Clara never divorced Reginald to our knowledge but did become a widow in February of 1939.

One of my father's wishes was to know who his half brothers and sisters were and families. He felt he had no hope of ever finding out who they were. He was told by the childrens aid that same year that his father died that his mother had past on too later in 1939 my father was only 14 years old. Ironically at that time they told him by a house fire. I read in one of the post that her death was indeed by house fire but at a much later date (by years?) He had no way to of finding any leads. He was not an internet person. My father passed away last December 11, 2009.

It is interesting to see the extra "e" added to "Sedgwick" to her children that were born before 1939.

I do have more info about Clara and her half sisters and family, but of course when you want something you can't find it. I received this info from my Great Aunt Vi before she past on. Vi was one of Clara's 1/2 sisters.

When I find those notes I will post again.
Cheers To All MY New Found Cousins and any Aunts or Uncles that may still be with us From Alberta.
Mary-Jane Rowlandson
PS
Myself, my little family unit and my nephew and his family are the only ones in western Canada the rest of Tom's family - children, grand-children, & great grand-children are spread out in South Central Ontario
mjrowlandson@shaw.ca
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Audrey Parks 6 Aug 2006 4:46AM GMT 
NJMcLean 6 Aug 2006 1:59PM GMT 
Audrey Parks 6 Aug 2006 5:50PM GMT 
NJMcLean 6 Aug 2006 5:46PM GMT 
bettygrinde 8 Dec 2006 3:12PM GMT 
brendamawani 9 Nov 2010 5:58PM GMT 
mjrowlandson1 30 Nov 2010 12:21AM GMT 
PhillipMintz 1 Jan 2007 12:36AM GMT 
NoraMcL 1 Jan 2007 6:02PM GMT 
PhillipMintz 1 Jan 2007 10:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions