Search for content in message boards

Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Replies: 30

Re: Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks (a correction to my previous post)

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Jerram, Schmidt, Smith, Sedgewick, Sedgwick, Boomhower
First: Flora Taylor's first husband's name was "Albert Edward Jerram" from the State of New York, USA. Clara was born a Jerram(correct spelling) and later adopted her step-father's last name of Taylor. Clara had one full blood brother "Robert Edward Jerram" to my knowledge.

Second: The correct spelling of Flora's maiden name is:
"Schmidt" which was as mentioned before anglicized to "Smith".

Third: Concerning the spelling on Clara and Reginald's last name of "Sedgewick". Reginald signed his name on their marriage certificate with the second "E". Therefore it was considered the actual spelling of his name hence Clara's new legal last name. However, further investigation into Reginald's birth records shows Reginald's surname is actually legally spelt with only one "E". When their two son's were born (Thomas and George) each were given their father's legal name of "Sedgwick" with the one "E". However, unbeknown to Clara (re: the spelling of her name)her children with Orville Boomhower before their marriage were given the her legal last name of "Sedgewick" at the time.

It is a shame we can not ask any of them why they did these small strange things. It just makes tracking the ancestry lines all that more difficult. It was always assumed there was no connection between the two "Sedgewick/Sedgwick" names all because of a single letter. We are connected by our joint Grandmother Clara Elizabeth Alma (Jerram Taylor Sedgewick) Boomhower. Wow!!! What a handle LOL.

My siblings and I are very eager and interested in any information that anyone may have in regards to Clara's parents origins or even of Clara herself(my grandmother -what was she like? what did she look like? etc.). To date we know that (my great-grandmother)Flora her mother's name was "Sarah (Kaiser) Schmidt" but nothing of Flora's father.
Any help in these areas would be greatly appreciated.

Mary-Jane Rowlandson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brendamawani 10 Nov 2010 7:01PM GMT 
Eileen_Currie... 10 Nov 2010 11:34PM GMT 
mjrowlandson1 30 Nov 2010 1:37AM GMT 
mjrowlandson1 6 Oct 2011 5:18AM GMT 
gcooper144 17 Apr 2012 3:28AM GMT 
KimMacMillan 4 Feb 2011 6:46PM GMT 
amblo65 1 Jan 2007 7:57PM GMT 
PhillipMintz 1 Jan 2007 10:12PM GMT 
a_kring_simon... 30 Sep 2012 3:37PM GMT 
KimMacMillan 1 Oct 2012 3:52PM GMT