Search for content in message boards

Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Replies: 30

Re: Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Posted: 29 Nov 2010 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Brenda-Lee:

We share the same grandmother. Clara Elizabeth Alma (Jerum)Taylor married my grandfather "Reginald Sedgwick" in 1923. She left her first husband and two sons (eldest was my father)in 1931-1932. To our knowledge she did not divorce our grandfather (divorce was a big no-no in that time of history) but she became a widow in 1939 when my grandfather past away of pneumonia.

During the time of seperation before she had become a widow and married Orville Boomhower she had children with Orville. These children were given the modified version of Clara's first husband's last name hence "Sedgewick" an extra "e" was added.

Your's and your family's true blood line runs with the Boomhower's and the Jerum's. Sorry if I'm creating more questions. But here is a bit of history as I can recall. I have it written down somewhere but I will have more acurate info at a later date for you.

Clara's mother Flora was originally married to a Jerum first name not known at this time. When Flora Agnes ((Smit) anglicized to Smith) came to North America from Germany she originally imigrated to the US and married a "Jerum". All I recall is that Flora(Dad's grandmother) had told my Dad and Dad told us was that he(Jerum) was quote" a mean son of a bitch" unquote. Clara had a full blood brother his name was Edward Jerum married Hilda - had two daughters(Tracy and Joyce) - who did not have children(deceased)(no surviving children or grandchildren). Than Flora imigrated to Canada with Clara, Ed stayed state side. I do not know at this time whether Flora had already married Leslie Taylor or she met him here in Canada ( I have that info writen down somewhere). But I do know that her first husband had passed away before she married Leslie and had 3 or 4 more daughters with Leslie Taylor. Sorry it sounds vague but going from memory here, just moved a while back and my geneology notes are still in boxes some where.

So your father "James" is my half uncle and we are I guess 1/2 first cousins lol. Thats wild. It would have made my father so happy that we have finally connected with the missing side of his family. He past on last December 11, 2009 after a year and a half of a brave battle with colon and liver cancer.

He was aware that his mother had children with another but did not know how to go about finding her and her family. All we ever knew was that she was connected with a "Boomhower". It wasn't until my husband came across Clara's name and details this afternoon in this forum that the connection was found. Please feel free to contact me

Cheers
Mary-Jane (Sedgwick) Rowlandson
Alberta Canada
mjrowlandson@shaw.ca

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brendamawani 10 Nov 2010 7:01PM GMT 
Eileen_Currie... 10 Nov 2010 11:34PM GMT 
mjrowlandson1 30 Nov 2010 1:37AM GMT 
mjrowlandson1 6 Oct 2011 5:18AM GMT 
gcooper144 17 Apr 2012 3:28AM GMT 
KimMacMillan 4 Feb 2011 6:46PM GMT 
amblo65 1 Jan 2007 7:57PM GMT 
PhillipMintz 1 Jan 2007 10:12PM GMT 
a_kring_simon... 30 Sep 2012 3:37PM GMT 
KimMacMillan 1 Oct 2012 3:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions