Search for content in message boards

Irish Catholics in London and surronding areas

Replies: 30

Re: Irish Catholics in London and surronding areas

Susan O'Meara (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2006 5:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
I think things are getting a little mixed up wit the different Daniel's.

Daniel b. Sep 1906 was married to Annie Teresa Hamlin. You said this was her father.

Her grandfather was Daniel Edward O'Meara b. 1874 who was married to Frances Chippa.

Her gr grandfather should be Michael O'Meara & Ann Morris. The couple can be found in the 1881 census as follows:

From the 1881 Census:
Stratford, Perth North, Ontario Dist 172 SubDist C Div 1 Page 72 Family 337
O'Mara Michael 48 Ireland Married Shoemaker Catholic
O'Mara Anne 46 Ontario Married Catholic
O'Mara Anthony 24 Ontario Clerk Catholic
O'Mara Michael 22 Ontario Clerk Catholic
O'Mara Bridget 17 Ontario Catholic
O'Mara Thomas 14 Ontario Catholic
O'Mara Margaret 12 Ontario Catholic
O'Mara Mary Ann 10 Ontario Catholic
O'Mara Daniel 7 Ontario Catholic

The Daniel that was the son of the people you found in the 1881 census was born in 1867 and when his mother Alice died in 1894 this Daniel was living in Chicago (of course, I did not make a note of where that source came from).

I am curious, is your friend 100% certain that her great grandparents are Daniel & Alice (her maiden name was Neacy). If your friend is certain, then I'd love to quiz her a bit on this family. one of the other sons to this family, John P. O'Meara b. 1877 eventually moves to Lodon with his wife Sara Bradbury and the couple rents a house that one of my O'Meara relatives owned. I always wondered if there was something more than coincidence associated with this since what are the chances that an O'Meara from Ingersoll moves into London and rents a house from an O'Meara there and then they are not related? John P. also was working for the London Free Press in the early 1900's.

But I can tell you that the people who have researched the O'Meara/Morris line have had the Daniel O'Meara who married Frances Chippa associated with this family tree for years.

I even spoke to a Laurie O'Meara a few years back who was the daughter of Bud O'Meara and gave her contacts for this tree. Bud O'Meara was the son of Joseph O'Meara and wife Beatrice Leitch. Joseph O'Meara was the son of Daniel O'Meara & Frances Chippa. So I think your friend Dolores and this Laurie would be second cousins then?

You can e-mail me at: susanomeara@comcast.net and I will send you outlines of both families for you to show to your friend Dolores. I would also be interested in learning more about the O'Meara Opera House in Ireland. That should be one unique factor that will set the family out from the rest if it can be pursued at all.

Sue O'Meara
Michigan, USA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susan O'Meara 18 Sep 2005 6:51PM GMT 
PamelaWAY 19 Sep 2005 2:52AM GMT 
Sue O'Meara 19 Sep 2005 10:06PM GMT 
PamelaFoster7... 20 Sep 2005 12:13AM GMT 
sm 30 Sep 2005 2:27AM GMT 
Lorna Fox 2 Apr 2006 5:42AM GMT 
Susan O'Meara 2 Apr 2006 12:30PM GMT 
Lorna Fox 5 Apr 2006 2:04AM GMT 
Susan O'Meara 5 Apr 2006 11:24AM GMT 
Ann 28 Sep 2005 2:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions