Irish Catholics in London and surronding areas

Replies: 30

Re: Irish Catholics in London and surronding areas

Sue O'Meara (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2005 4:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Sep 2005 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: Sweeney, Whalen, Cooney, Morkin, Kennedy, Ryan
Why am I looking for Irish Catholics in Middlesex county? Because that's what a good portion of my tree consists of and I was hoping to stimulate some conversation on the Irish Catholics in the county. It seems that I don't have many folks I've connected with that were Irish and Catholic. The history books often seem to skim over many of them as well.

So I was interested in connecting with more folks doing research on the families of the area to see if there are other connections etc.

As an example, I have an Anne Sweeney in my family tree that married a Daniel Whalen. Could Daniel Whalen be related to Patrick Whalen who married Anne Cooney? As the Cooney's of London seem to be connected to my family through the Morkin's and Kennedy's. Also, Patrick Whalen's son married a Ryan girl and I've run into many Ryan's who seem to be connected to the Toohey/Davis/O'Meara families.

These are the types of connections I was hoping to explore further. I seem to have many obscure connections that I'd love to try and piece together a bit more. It's just hard to do on your own.

Sincerely,
Sue O'Meara
Michigan, USA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susan O'Meara 18 Sep 2005 6:51PM GMT 
PamelaWAY 19 Sep 2005 2:52AM GMT 
Sue O'Meara 19 Sep 2005 10:06PM GMT 
PamelaFoster7... 20 Sep 2005 12:13AM GMT 
sm 30 Sep 2005 2:27AM GMT 
Lorna Fox 2 Apr 2006 5:42AM GMT 
Susan O'Meara 2 Apr 2006 12:30PM GMT 
Lorna Fox 5 Apr 2006 2:04AM GMT