Search for content in message boards

William & Hannah Nicholls family from Devon and Glamorgan, UK

Replies: 1

William & Hannah Nicholls family from Devon and Glamorgan, UK

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 5:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2012 6:57AM GMT
Surnames: NICHOLLS
I am assisting a cousin in tracing her maternal grandmother's family who just disappear from UK records after the 1871 census.

However likely candidates are William and Hannah Nicholls who turn up in Ontario Canada in the 1891 census at a place called McGillivray, in North Middlesex County. The ages are interesting and there is a big family but some of the ages are biologically impossible eg they have Hannah down as 26 when she should be 36 and the eldest child is 22, I've heard of child brides but this is ridiculous!!

Her mother, Hannah (nee Morgan [b.1855]),is from Claise, Llangyfelach, Landore, Swansea and the Morgan side is quite straight forward, her father, William Nicholls [b.1854][sometimes with one L and sometimes with two LL's] was born Monkleigh, Bideford,Devon, and there are good records there.

The likleyhood of a Canadian connection is further re-enforced by oral history from one relative in the UK of a Canadian visiting Annie's home in Merthyr Tydfil in the early 1950's, by that time she had married Henry Vincent Evans and borne four children, three sons and one daughter.

Any help in reconnecting my cousin with her great-grandmother's family would be gratefully received
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Towyusk 5 Oct 2012 11:35AM GMT 
satch42179 5 Oct 2012 10:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic