I have been trying to track information on Thomas Hughes and Margaret. You say that he had a sister named Elizabeth. Do you know who his parents are? I have the St. Mary's Church Records (CofE) for Adleaide. He is listed along with my ggggrandparents Paul and Maria Louisa Hughes. Do you have another name that Elizabeth went by? Here are the Hughes that I know lived in Adelaide.
Ensing Paul Hughes and Wife Maria Louisa Fitzgerald Settled on Con 10, Lot 10 on July 1832. Children are
1. William Hughes born 1822 in County Tipperary, Ireland
2. Robert Hughes born 1823 in County Limerick
3. John Hughes born 1825 in County Limerick
4. Wellington Hughes born 1826 in County Limerick twin
5. Anna Maria Hughes born 1826 in County Limerick twin
6. Charles Hughes born 1827 in County Limerick
7. Henry Hughes born 1829 in County Limerick
8. Adelaide Hughes born 1833 in Adelaide, Ontario
9. John Hughes born 1836 in Adelaide, Ontario
10. Frederick Hughes born 1839 in Adelaide, Ontario
There is another William Hughes born 1815 in England and wife Sophia Ashdown and son William Hughes who also lived in
Adelaide. This William and Sophia are a witness to several baptisms for my known Hughes families. I have been searching for any documentation that Thomas is or is not actually Thomas Wellington Hughes. I am looking to find his marriage record to either Margaret or his first wife. Could you please contact me.