Search for content in message boards

Ignace, Simon, Antoine, MacKim from Mattawa/Renfrew

Replies: 16

Ignace, Simon, Antoine, MacKim from Mattawa/Renfrew

Posted: 31 Mar 2009 11:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ignace, Eneas, Simon, Antoine, Mijkwiwisens, Pepamidjiwanokwe, Caron, Lariviere, Lacroix
I'm not exactly sure what to ask for here - but if anyone can help with any name mentioned - I'd be extremely appreciative.

The direct line I'm looking for is:
Madeleine Maud Ignace - d/o Simon Ignace and Philomene Simon married Francis Shields in 1910 in Golden Lake, Renfrew.

I can't seem to get beyond Simon and Philomene, but in an effort to get something close and following the Simon and Ignace lines, I keep coming back to Mattawa in Nipissing. I can't help to think that there is a connection somehow. Some families I've tried to follow are:

Philomene Simon d/o Antoine Simon and Marie Anne Leblanc, married to Edouard Craig in 1892. (I tend to think that Marie Anne's Algonquin surname was Pepamidjiwanokwe as I keep coming up with children's names in birth, marriages, deaths, and censuses that tie into the same two names, Leblanc and Pepamidjiwanokwe).

Eneas or "Ignace", possibly "August", Simon, married first to Esther John(s), and then to Marie Anne Antoine. (The Algonquin name for the Antoine family seems to show up as Mijkwiwisens or in the 1871 cenus as Nish-Gui-Sens).

I happen to be focusing on the "Eneas" part of the Ignace name, since one of the brothers of Madeleine Maud Ignace, the direct line that I'm am tracing, is Seymour Eneas - and being an uncommon spelling variation, well...anyone who has an obsession with genealogy will follow anything that they can grab their hands on...

If anyone out there is connected to the names, I would love to hear from you. I'm actually doing this for a friend of mine, but in my search efforts, I've found connections to my own family names several times over, including Caron, Lariviere, Lacroix, and others.

Many thanks,
Laurie

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Laurie Caron ... 1 Apr 2009 5:07AM GMT 
1amaguire 4 Apr 2009 11:33AM GMT 
bertrandtracy 9 Apr 2009 11:42PM GMT 
carpenter163_... 24 Apr 2011 6:41PM GMT 
dolph67ca 15 Apr 2009 3:02AM GMT 
BMCCARTHY143 10 May 2011 1:58AM GMT 
Laurie Caron ... 10 May 2011 11:36PM GMT 
dolph67ca 11 May 2011 2:03AM GMT 
Laurie Caron ... 15 May 2011 1:00AM GMT