Search for content in message boards

Steele Steel Becker Layman Olds 1806-1818 Timeline

Replies: 4

Re: Steele Steel Becker Layman Olds 1806-1818 Timeline

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 5:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
According to their marr. record, Nancy A. Evans was born in Nelson and was living in Walsingham when she and Thomas Layman married on 20 May, 1887, in Townsend. She was listed as a widow and her parents names were given as David and Mary.

Thank you for clarifying that Thomas Steel was not a son of Matthias and Maria. It helps to think that I have one less name to try and follow up on. What do you have for a birth date for Henry Bostwick? I have it marked as about 1815?

I don't feel that the first two children in Tobias and Marie's family were Steel children. Coincidentally thay were named William and Elizabeth . . . she probably would not have chosen names to other other children she'd raised, even if she supposedly abandoned them?

The fact that my brother's DNA was so different from a known siblings line bothers me . . . but I admit that I don't know enough to understand how or why that might happen. I can send you the address of the fellow who has been compiling and coordinating the Layman DMA testing. I think he may be using FTDNA for the testing. It's still a bit vague to me, but we were delighted that the two tests confirmed a connection that we have yet to prove on paper.
The only awkward part occurred when my brother, in Canada, tried to mail his samples to the lab. They were turned back at customs? . . . so had to mail them on his next business trip to the States.

Olivia Layman was the d/o George Henry Layman and Caroline Austin. George H. was the son of William Layman and Cornelia Myers . . . who was the oldest son of Tobias & Maria. ( so she was Tobias' gr. granddaughter) Olivia had a second marr. 12 Jan.1924 to John Benjamin Dykhuizen, also in Essex.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
unknown1t43df... 30 Jul 2012 12:57AM GMT 
unknown1t43df... 30 Jul 2012 2:01PM GMT 
DianneGibson1... 30 Jul 2012 4:29PM GMT 
unknown1t43df... 30 Jul 2012 8:06PM GMT 
DianneGibson1... 30 Jul 2012 11:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions