Search for content in message boards

Marilyn ADAMS - Went Missing 1965 - Delhi, Ont

Replies: 0

Marilyn ADAMS - Went Missing 1965 - Delhi, Ont

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 8:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ADAMS, ROBINS, JENNINGS, NICHOLS
Time to add some spice to the boards and hopefully find some answers regarding this mystery. My query is about my fathers first wife, Marilyn ADAMS. She went missing in 1965, leaving behind 3 children and many unanswered questions. Here is what I know:

b. abt 1943 in Niagara Falls, Ontario (apparently in a maternity home)
m. 7 Jan 1961 to Arthur R. ROBINS (my father) in Simcoe, Ontario
Disappeared: 17 Nov 1965 from Delhi, Ontario.
Biological mother: Viola ADAMS (married Earl Nichols & resided in Hamilton)
Raised by grandparents: William "Harry" ADAMS & Alice Katharine JENNINGS in Norfolk, County - Delhi I do believe.

Family lore says she was killed in a car accident in Joliette or Sherbrooke Quebec, another says she was killed in Merritt British Columbia. Other family & friends say she just needed to get away. I have found no death records. All I have is a marriage registration and a "missing persons" ad from 1966.

When she married my father, she was living with a Jimmie ADAMS (who signed as a witness) at 458 James St., Delhi. This is presumably James ADAMS, who she would have known as her brother.

I am interested in making contact with ANYONE who knew of her, my father, or the ADAMS family mentioned here...hopefully with help, a chapter can be closed.

Thanks in advance!!

Marg Robins

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions