Search for content in message boards

NOBLE

Replies: 19

Re: NOBLE

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Paula,

You must be Claudette's sister. A few years ago now, I sent her that copy of the map of the family farm drawn by Cousin John and sent to my gr grandmother Isabella Edith Noble (daughter of Christopher and Catherine).

Yes, I do have a picture of the house, two actually. One is an old newspaper ad when the house was up for sale in about the 1950s and another is a picture of Catherine Jane (Scott) Noble sitting on the front stairs with son Willie (at least I think it's Willie). And yes I do have a picture of Christopher, in fact I have Isabella's wedding picture which also has her brothers and Annie may also be in the group, but I've never been positive she attended the wedding.
I think the house is gone now.

Since I spoke to Claudette last, I discovered that Annie died in 1940 in West Haven CT, but I still haven't found her grave. I don't remember if I had obtained a picture of Christopher's brother William when last we were in touch, but a fellow at the New Britain firehouse sent me a photo of a portrait of him taken when he was the fire chief there. There's a strong family resemblance between William and Isabella.

I've also done a bit of research on the Haydenville-Williamsburg flood in May of 1874, which swept away most of those two villages and completely destroyed Skinnerville. The brass mill where Christopher worked was almost entirely demolished, but most of the workers escaped before the building was swept away.

There's a bit more I've learned that I'd be happy to share with you and I'd love to hear about your trip back to the old country. I'll contact you through the private message system here on Ancestry.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Shirley
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
johncarolnobl... 6 Jan 2010 7:03PM GMT 
patnoble1 7 Jan 2010 5:07AM GMT 
rap111 20 Mar 2010 3:28AM GMT 
nobility 20 Mar 2010 1:21PM GMT 
rap111 20 Mar 2010 5:57PM GMT 
nobility 20 Mar 2010 6:33PM GMT 
toejamie 7 Jul 2012 4:44PM GMT 
johncarolnobl... 7 Jul 2012 4:58PM GMT 
ptopher 18 Oct 2013 9:11PM GMT 
rap111 19 Oct 2013 5:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions