From Hibbert Review ( Part Two) by Isabelle Campbell
From the 1850's, Michael Hurley was living on Lot 18 Concession 7. His first wife was Ann McCarten, and his second was Margaret Barry. From here he moved to Seaforth. Joseph Hurley. who married Catherine Wall lived here in 1860 when the first school lot was bought. He and John Harburn were the two who witnessed the transaction. Joe was later a section man on the railroad and moved to Dublin. The Hurleys were natives of Kilkenny, Ireland. Michael Rawley Sr., the next owner, came from Ireland in 1848.