Search for content in message boards

Identification of 5 Neglected Children ?

Replies: 4

Re: Identification of 5 Neglected Children ?

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 10:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks so much. There are a lot of good leads to chase here. According to the info the Perth Childrens aid was willing to give to my father, my great grandmother was born in 1882 or 1883. She had a son prior to her fist marriage and she was first married at age 16. The marriage turned out to be not valid as the person marrying them was not ordained to do so. She was then remarried. They did not say if it was the same person but from the tone of the info I expect not. It says she had 2 children by that husband but that husband died. She then married again but it turned out that husband was a bigamist and that man was not in the picture when my grandmother was born and he was not the father of my grandmother. My great grandmother had 8 children in total and only 5 survived. My grandmother was the 7th child.

I will chase down these leads and see if any of them fit. The reason I think there is a McLeod in the picture is that it appears from my grandmothers birth registration that the maiden name is Clara Armstrong and the witness is Mrs Clara Mcleod. Usually the witness at the birth is actually the mother or the father.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ronandcarey 13 Aug 2009 12:13PM GMT 
satch42179 14 Aug 2009 10:00AM GMT 
ronandcarey 26 Nov 2013 12:34AM GMT 
satch42179 26 Nov 2013 4:19AM GMT 
ronandcarey 26 Nov 2013 5:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic