Search for content in message boards

St. Marys Cemetery Record Lookup Request

Replies: 3

St. Marys Cemetery Record Lookup Request

Posted: 16 Nov 2010 2:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Delauche, De Lauche, Ward
Hello -

I'm asking for a favor. In better economic times I would have been happy to pay for a cemetery record look up. However, I've been ungainfully unemployed for 23 months now, and the funds for such a service don't exist.

Would anyone in the St. Marys, Ontario area be kind enough to look up a cemetery record for me, whenever the time is convenient?

Through the Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid web site, I've found a burial record for [No Name] Delauche (an unmarked grave) in the St. Marys Protestant Burial Record, Blanshard Township, Perth County. The reference # is: PH-798-4.

Since DeLauche is my surname, my late father's surname (De Lauche -- I cut the space out of the spelling when computer programs couldn't deal with it ;-) ), and my father spent much of his growing up years on his Ward grandparents farm at Motherwell, Fullarton Township, and his Ward grandparents were buried in the St. Marys Protestant Cemetery, I have good reason to believe the Delauche/DeLauche/De Lauche burial in that cemetery is a relative of my late father's.

He had an infant son, Lewis De Lauche, b. 29 Sep 1930; d. 22 Feb 1932, Hamilton, Wentworth County, Ontario. The unmarked grave may be for baby Lewis. He also had a daughter (name unknown, birth/death dates unknown) who died sometime in the mid-1940s. The grave may be for her. Or, it could be the grave for his own father. Or . . . who knows?

I have the death certificate for baby Lewis and that indicates he was buried in Hamilton, Wentworth County, Ontario, where he died. So, I'm thinking the burial is for either my half-sister or my paternal grandfather.

Many thanks in advance to the person who can provide me with more information on the name of the Delauche/DeLauche/De Lauche in the unmarked grave.

Genealogically yours -
Jean E. DeLauche, Missouri
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jdelauche 16 Nov 2010 9:21PM GMT 
jimbob017 20 Nov 2010 2:52PM GMT 
jdelauche 20 Nov 2010 3:38PM GMT 
jdelauche 27 Dec 2012 9:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions