Search for content in message boards

Martin - Ellice Township, Perth, Ontario 1850's-1900

Replies: 1

Martin - Ellice Township, Perth, Ontario 1850's-1900

Posted: 13 Sep 2013 3:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin, Bannon, Culliton, Brophy, Lennon, Mccann
I am looking for any information for Brian (Bernard, Bryan etc) and Mary Martin. They owned property in Ellice Township, specifically Concession VI Lot 3. It is my understanding that 12 men from Ireland arrived (possibly around 1844). Other surnames that came with Brian Martin were Bannon, Culliton, Brophy, Lennon and Mccann. Looking at the 1879 Ellice map shows these names in and around my great great gandfather's property. I believe Brian was born around 1820 in Ireland (likely Northern Ireland). I can't seem to find him in Ireland so my thinking is that by back tracking on Bannon, Culliton, Brophy, Lennon or Mccann I maybe be able to figure out where my Great Grand Father is from. Much of the Martin family lived in and around Ellice Township/Stratford throughout the 1850-early 1900's then many moved to Michigan and then some moved to upstate New York (Buffalo area). I have been trying to track down Echoes of Ellice to no success through my library. I see copies in Stratford Ontario so I may make a trip up there to look through it. If anybody has a copy and can provide information on my family it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
michaelmartin... 13 Sep 2013 9:30PM GMT 
sbaker185 22 Mar 2014 9:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic