Search for content in message boards

St. Paul's Presbyterian Church Records

Replies: 0

St. Paul's Presbyterian Church Records

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 4:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McMillan Thompson
I am trying to find the marriage record for Hugh J. McMillan and Eliza Thompson who were married abt 1886 probably in a Presbyterian church in the greater Hawkesbury area. Census records indicate they (the McMillan's at least) were Presbyterian and lived in that area. The only Presbyterian church I have found in this area is St. Paul's. (I have searched all the online records with Ancestry, etc. and could not find the marriage record).

It appears that St. Paul's was founded around 1800 but had a number of changes that might have separated the records. It is confusing to me, but it looks like those after 1892 are associated with St. Paul's in Hawkesbury and are archived in the Toronto Presbyterian Archives. The records prior to 1892, which I am interested in, either don't exist or are with another Presbyterian church. I thought they might be with St. Paul's in L'Orignal, since the church history suggests a connection at one point in time, but when I called there the answering machine message was in French, which I don't speak.

Can anyone set me straight on where the church records might be, or point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Dan Harvey
Snohomish, Washington

Find a board about a specific topic