Search for content in message boards

Harry BROWN; Eula GENOE

Replies: 3

Harry BROWN; Eula GENOE

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 12:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROWN; GENOE
Hi there:

I thought I would take advantage of the Valentine's Day free trial this weekend and was hoping someone, somewhere in Winchester could help me unlock further clues and/or possibly more information on my great grandfather, Charles Harry Brown. My great grandfather went by his second name, Harry.

I haven't had much success in locating his resting place, a Certificate of Death, nor an obituary. Though I managed to locate Census Records confirming his existence and a Certificate of Marriage to my great grandmother, Eula Genoe.

Charles Harry Brown was born September 13, 1898 and I'm unsure of his exact date or cause of death. His father is Howard J. Brown also from Winchester and his mother, is Annie May Brown (nee: Hitsman).

I've had more luck finding information on the Hitsman side of the family tree by fluke than on the Brown side and was hoping someone could fill in the blanks about Harry and/or his father Howard.

Seems all roads have lead to a dead end and I was hoping to breathe new life into my research efforts...

Harry was married to Eula Genoe and my grandmother shared with my mother before her passing they stayed married up until his passing.

My great grandmother, Eula was born in 1907 and passed in 1967 and is buried in Capital Memorial Gardens.

My great grandfather, Harry was either a labourer or machinist and was described as a decent man.

My father mentioned to me my grandfather, Lyle Roy Brown asked prior to his passing if my father would be willing to take him somewhere. My father seemed to think somewhere like Windsor or Wendover - though he wasn't completely sure.

If you have any information you can provide - including any historical photographs, I would greatly appreciate your help and efforts!

P.S. I apologize for the duplicate post in advance since the "Ontario" board/general board is too broad, I wanted to focus on more the local districts and townships where concerned.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
aimnabby 14 Feb 2013 7:32PM GMT 
Tiffany Fuger... 15 Feb 2013 3:45AM GMT 
Tiffany Fuger... 15 Feb 2013 3:54AM GMT 
aimnabby 15 Feb 2013 10:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions