Search for content in message boards

Sheldon HAWKINS - Picton, ONT

Replies: 2

Sheldon HAWKINS - Picton, ONT

Sharon Ford (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2003 3:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HAWKINS, RITCHIE, PLATT
I am seeking information/descendants of Sheldon Hawkins [senior and junior] who lived in Picton, Prince Edward Co., ONT.
Children of Sheldon Hawkins: Sheldon, b. ca 1838; Mary, b. ca 1842; Truman, b. ca 1847; Millard, b. ca 1850; Edwin Lewis, b. ca 1859; Elizabeth Jane (Ritchie), b. 3 Jun 1863 [adopted].

My gr gr grandmother, Mary HAWKINS b. ca 1842, was the daughter of Sheldon HAWKINS [wife unknown, possibly a 1st wife]. She married John RITCHIE and they had 1 child: Elizabeth Jane.

It is unknown as to what happened to John and Mary RITCHIE, but Elizabeth Jane was adopted by her maternal grandparents, Sheldon and Mary (VAN ALSTYNE) [possibly 2nd wife]. Mary, Sheldon's wife, died when Jane was age 5 and she continued living with her grandfather until his death in 1872. She was age 9 at the time and was then raised by her maternal uncle and aunt, Sheldon and Ann Hawkins until she married Caleb Platt at age 18.

As far as I have been able to find, Mary (HAWKINS) RITCHIE and Elizabeth Jane RITCHIE/HAWKINS are missing from other researchers material, but Mary is in the 1861 census, and Jane is in the 1871 census. Also, the marriage registration for Elizabeth Jane (HAWKINS) to Caleb PLATT also states that Sheldon and Mary HAWKINS are her parents.

Can anyone help me? I would like to share my informtion with you. You can contact me at: <denleeford@worldnet.att.net>.

Sharon Ford
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sharon Ford 9 Aug 2003 9:31PM GMT 
Wisknou 7 Jan 2012 6:56PM GMT 
Wisknou 11 Sep 2012 12:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions