Search for content in message boards

Patrick Mulloy; Ireland > Canada

Replies: 6

Patrick Mulloy; Ireland > Canada

Posted: 25 Nov 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jan 2006 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: Deloury, Marcotte, Clancey, Poupore
I am interested in the Mulloy family who settled in Westmeath, Renfrew Co, Ontario. My direct descendant is Patrick Mulloy who was born Leahy, Co Donegal, Ireland about 1824. He immigrated to Alummette Island, Pontiac Co, Quebec prior to 1847 when he is first mentioned in church records as the godfather of Catherine Marcotte, daughter of Elis Marcotti and Margaret Clancey. In 1851 he was living as clerk in the household of John B Poupore, lumber merchant in Chichester township.

April 19, 1852 he married Mary Ann Deloury, whose last name has never been spelled the same twice and defies even the SOUNDEX system. She was born in probably Lanark Co, Ontario to 2 Peter Robinson settlers John Deloury and Bridget Riordan; both born Co Cork, Ireland in or near Mallow. They had 2 children on Allumette Island and the resettled in Westmeath in 1855. Patrick was joined by 2 probable brothers John D. and Connolly Mulloy. I have no direct proof but deduce the relationship using church and land records.

In 1879 Patrick pulls up stakes, this time with a wife and 10 children and moves to the then Dakota Territory. His descendants are dispersed throughout the United States and I am the great-great granddaughter living in California

I would be very interested in hearing from any one fitting this profile, but especially the descendants of John or Connolly. John actually remained in the area, dying there in 1903. He had 5 children who married into the families mentioned above.

Hoping to hear from someone, Susanne Todd
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
susannetodd 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Ken Hanson 22 Apr 2003 1:38AM GMT 
susannetodd 26 Apr 2003 6:36PM GMT 
ktno1 8 Nov 2003 7:20PM GMT 
krenit 13 Jan 2006 6:51AM GMT 
ThompsonN97 29 Mar 2009 5:21PM GMT 
Tigerdolly 18 May 2011 11:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions