Search for content in message boards

Renfrew area: Searching roots of Grandmother Sarah Ellen Agnew

Replies: 5

Renfrew area: Searching roots of Grandmother Sarah Ellen Agnew

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 12:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Dec 2012 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: Agnew, Carroll, Gorman, Breen, McEachen, Neville, Dooling
Looking for info on tracing my roots through the above families... Sarah Ellen Agnew is my grandmother who married my Grandfather James Edward Carroll from Ingersoll. I am concentrating on working back from Sarah Ellen Agnew... I do have a fair bit of info on her family/siblings but going back to her parents/grandparents is a little weak for me.
I heard stories from my father that someone along the "Agnew" side of the family died during the crossing from Ireland to North America. Does this ring any bells? I would also be interested if anyone knows the names of the ships the family came across on, where they landed, when did this immigrate etc...????

I also see that names like Gorman, Breen, McEachen, Neville are also showing up in the info I am gathering... I am interested in those names as well. I am new to this genealogy and not sure what is really practical in gathering family info but I do think it is more interesting in also finding out what happened to all the siblings of my grandmother...and not just my direct connection.

Also, somewhere in this mix is a relation to the Dooling family... I remember visiting a Fee and Macey Dooling in Cranbrook BC when I was very young, probably in the early 1960's... I am not sure how they are related, just that they were 'relatives' from the Agnew side of our family.

thanks,
Bernie Carroll
Email: bc2348@gmail.com
Location is Calgary, AB
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bc2348 11 Dec 2012 7:01AM GMT 
talbotrail 22 Dec 2012 8:02AM GMT 
talbotrail 22 Dec 2012 4:34PM GMT 
talbotrail 22 Dec 2012 4:41PM GMT 
bc2348 23 Dec 2012 2:42AM GMT 
gen_bug 8 Jan 2013 4:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions