Search for content in message boards

Photograph of Donald Watt the younger of Horton Twp

Replies: 3

Re: Photograph of Donald Watt the younger of Horton Twp

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 2:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Douglas Gordon and Sam Gordon was my grandfather. Sam's youngest son Garry (Colin Garfield Gordon) was my father. He was the youngest of 11 children.
Same died when Garry was only 17 years old and Garry died when I was only 11 years old. Because of this there is a lot of years gone buy and I never got to speak about my father's history with him.
I really enjoyed your input as it fills in a lot of holes. Some of what you covered was known or rumoured by my family but never spoken of. We had heard Watt or White and that his name was Samuel J. Gordon never Samuel Watt Jeffrey.
My mother Edythe Gordon passed away only a few years back (weeks short of her 90th birthday) and when she was asked about this she would say "leave the past in the past." Sam's wife Wilena Mcfadyen was also born out of wedlock. I guess things have not changed much over the years, they just didn't talk about it.
I have one photo of Hugh and Mary Jeffery and I also have several photos of Sam in his latter days with Wilena and the family as well as the charcoal photo you speak of.
Doug
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
don42mcl 7 Jan 2013 8:06PM GMT 
douglasgordon... 4 Apr 2013 8:01PM GMT 
don42mcl 11 Apr 2013 2:07PM GMT 
douglasgordon... 15 Apr 2013 1:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic