Edith Moorhead

Replies: 2

Edith Moorhead

Posted: 14 Oct 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Nov 2004 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Moorhead
Hi Alan

My grandfather Wm Harmon James Moorhead's second wife "Mama Edith" was Edith Sarah Frieman b 1882 in the UK- died 8 Sept 1977. She lived in Arnprior, Renfrew County,Ontario for 40 years according to the Obituary in the newspaper. She is buried in Pinecrest Cemetery in Ottawa, Ont. (again according to the newspaper) Her first husband was Adam Andrews. Her step daughter (in that marriage) Emily Adams Farrell.

I do remember that the house Mama Edith and Grandpa Moorhead lived in was moved because they were building a bridge over the Madawaska River just west of Arnprior, Ont. and their house had to be moved back A huge flap ensued aover that!!

The newspaper obituary mentions only 2 of her Step children with Grandpa Moorhead. There were 7 in the family (my Dad being one of them) and they were all adults when Edith and Harmon were married. Also we had thought that her ashes were sent home to England, so it was a surprise to me to read that she is buried here in Ottawa.

My cousin Donna will know more about them as their home was on the corner of Donna's parents farm and as a child she saw them more than I did.

If this is the Edith Moorhead you are looking for email me and I will send it on to Donna as well. She lives in Arnprior and may know Emily Farrell??

Diane Moorhead
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alan Thrower 5 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT 
diane_moorhea... 14 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
john williams 19 Apr 2013 7:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions