Search for content in message boards

Margaret Armstrong, Born July 1872

Replies: 10

Re: Margaret Armstrong, Born July 1872

Posted: 28 May 2008 1:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thankyou for your information. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help. I have that information from one of Hugh's sons. He has the family bible that Sam and Margaret had. Quite a bit of that was in the bible. What I really would like is the names of Margaret Armstrong's parents and where she was born. Someone wrote in the bible that Sam was born May 5, 1863, and Margaret was born July 11, 1871. It was written that they were married June 25, 1896. Samuel was a very tall man. Well over six feet. Some of the family claim he was six foot four, others say that he was six foot seven or six foot eight. The family tells me that he was fixing something in their chicken coop. He was bent over. Then he straightened quickly for some forgotten reason, and hit the back of his head on something. It knocked him out and he fell backward and cracked the back of his head on the door jam of the chicken coop door. He lived for two or three days afterward, but was disorientated. The bible said that he died April 27, 1942. There farm was said to be located seven miles north of Manitou Lake, half way between Marsden and Neilsburg, Saskatchewan, Canada. Doing the math, he would have been almost 79 years old, if his birth and death dates are correct. Margaret died in 1975. Doing the math, it would make her years on earth 104. The family talk of her height being about 4 foot 8 inches. It is said that she was a feisty little lady with great determination. For a while she lived in a little red brick house in Pincher Creek. Willam and Bunny lived one mile out of Pincher. Grandma Margaret walked from her place to William's place in one of Pincher Creek's famous winds from the pass. Then, after visiting and enjoying the family, she walked back home again, refusing all offers of a ride. She was eighty years old. William McGladdery came from the same ink: He walked from Lundbrick (probably wrong spelling) to the Greene ranch (thought to be about 15 miles), worked on the ranch all day, and walked back to Lundbrick again for the night, The next morning, he would do it all over again.

Margaret and Samuel's family bible had written in it that Samuel's parent's names were Joseph mcGladdery and Jane whose maiden name was McBride. They were married on March 26, 1861. It said that Jane died March 26, 1899. It listed these children as Joseph and Jane's children:
1. Samuel McGladdery, born May 5, 1863
2. Sarah McGladdery, born November 16, 1864
3. John McGladdery born January 25, 1867
4. Ellen McGladdery born January 27, 1869
5. Martha Agnes McGladdery born March 7, 1871
6. William Arthur McGladdery born November 17, 1872

I would really like more information on Joseph and Jane. Where they were born, etc, and what their parents names are, etc. Do you have any information on these people? Thanks again. I would also like information on any of the children. Thankyou.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
admchappy 12 Feb 2008 8:59PM GMT 
pauladoherty3... 21 Apr 2008 2:30PM GMT 
admchappy 21 Apr 2008 7:18PM GMT 
CTCgenealogy 13 Feb 2011 10:10PM GMT 
CMcGladdery 17 Feb 2012 9:05PM GMT 
satch42179 21 Apr 2008 7:24PM GMT 
satch42179 21 Apr 2008 7:29PM GMT 
admchappy 22 Apr 2008 1:25AM GMT 
dionnelavers 28 May 2008 3:41AM GMT 
admchappy 28 May 2008 7:16PM GMT 
per page