Search for content in message boards

Van Steenberghe

Replies: 8

Van Steenberghe

Bob Moorhead (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2001 3:01AM GMT
Surnames: Van Steenburgh, Steenburgh, Van Steenbergh, Odle, Delk, Skinner, Hudson, Smith, Williams
Hi,

I am looking for anyone who can give information on Jacob Von Steinbergh, Van Steenburgh, Van Steenberghe he was born Dec.14,1802 in Osnabruck, Stormont, Ontario he married Vienna Odle she was born July,13,1810 in Glengarry, Ontario.
They had a son named Nelson Van Steenberghe born May,1,1832 in Marier,? Can.? He married Anna Eliza Williams born October,15,1831 in KY.
We know that this family is of Royal descent and we have the Coat of Arms to prove it, with papers, what we can't find is where they came over and when.
From Holland the story we understand is, they came to Canada, upon arrival their was a prosession that greeted them and led them through town, this was colaberated with Eyewitness account, of many I spoke with. The story goes like this they had to flee from their home and went to the King of Holland their cousin, after being there for a short while they came to Canada, to hide from Assasins they changed there names to Von Steinbergh until they got to america.
Where in Minnisota, some of the sons changed their name to Van Steenburgh, then two sons moved to Missouri and Dropped the "Van" leaving only the name Steenburgh , these sons where of Nelson Van Steenburgh he had 10 children Thomas and Hiram are the two that went to Missouri the others stayed in Minnisota. their names were, Jerry, Nelson, Richard, William, Hiram, George, Jacob, and one Daughter Sarah.

I have more info if needed

Thank you

Ben
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bob Moorhead 24 Jul 2001 9:01AM GMT 
rwarmerdam 11 Aug 2001 4:35AM GMT 
Van 30 Nov 2003 2:55PM GMT 
popswll1 13 Sep 2008 2:56AM GMT 
elezao 24 Oct 2008 5:28AM GMT 
stefaanvanste... 17 Apr 2012 7:46PM GMT 
elezao 17 Apr 2012 9:08PM GMT 
stefaanvanste... 17 Apr 2012 10:44PM GMT 
kaydimmitt 17 Jun 2013 11:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions