Search for content in message boards

Help With Death Records

Replies: 2

Help With Death Records

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 5:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Feb 2013 5:36AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
I am hoping someone can help me with two family members death information.

The parents are Alfred and Ida Anderson, both born in Sweden. Alfrid came over first than Ida. They had 7 children and two are unaccounted for and I am looking for their death information.

When Ida left Sweden, she brought their three children with her (the later had 4 more in Canada): Anders Gustaf "August", Augusta and Maria "Mary". Her and her husband, Alfred were married 8 May 1868 in Sweden.

According to the 1891 Census of Canada_130578478, Alfred and Ida are listed with these children:

Anders Gustaf "Auguste" is listed as male 22 born in Sweden
Augusta is listed as female 20 born in Sweden
Mary is listed as female 18 born in Sweden
Alexander is listed as male born 7 in Ontario
Amanda is listed as female born 5 in Ontario
Amil is listed as male 2 born in Ontario (There is no Emma who was born 4 July 1888)

The next census records I find them in is the US 1900 & 1910 Federal censuses where the information is almost identical except plus 10 years:
I find Alfred and Ida and only the following children:
Mary
Alexander
Amanda
Emil who is listed as born July 1888 in both censuses (confirmed on the social security death index) and male so Emma had to be his twin sister? We know Emma existed because we have her birth record but not Emils for some reason which I would think would be in the same birth record series?

It also says in both censuses that Ida has had 7 children and 5 living. I know Augusta married Neil Fummerton and died in 1951 (she stayed in Canada ) and the only other two kids unaccounted for are Anders Gustaf and Emma as being deceased. Emma would have had to have died between 25 February 1890 and 10 April 1891 (the dates between the date registered on her birth record and the date of 1891 Canadian census).

Anders Gustaf between 11 April 1891 and 6 June 1900 (between the two census dates). I am certain Ida had no other children in Sweden as I have all the parish records and I am also certain Anders Gustaf existed. Maybe he didn't die in the mines?

I know Augusta met her husband Neil Fummerton when he was hauling freight to mines west of the Lakehead where her father, Alfred, a hard rock miner, managed various mines (Beaver Mine, Badger Mine & Silver Mountain Mine). Maybe he died in one of those mines?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Catherine
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CatherineErik... 2 Feb 2013 12:35PM GMT 
satch42179 2 Feb 2013 11:16PM GMT 
CatherineErik... 3 Feb 2013 10:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions