Search for content in message boards

Peake/Moanghan/Monahan, Toronto/York Area

Replies: 4

Peake/Moanghan/Monahan, Toronto/York Area

Posted: 22 Apr 2011 1:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for descendants of Margaret Monaghan married Lewis Charles Peake on 2 November 1864, Mountain St. Methodist Church, Montreal, PQ. I believe Margaret is the sister of my 2nd great grandfather George Monaghan born 1832, Ireland. Reasons for believing so: My George's children were all baptised in Mountain St. Methodist. George's wife my 2nd great grandmother was Sarah Baker. Sarah's sister Francis "Fanny" Jane Baker was one of the witnesses to the marriage of Lewis Peake and Margaret Monaghan, I do not believe that to be a coincidence. One of my aunts told me that George's father she believes was Sean in galic and "John" Monaghan in english, a John Monaghan is buried from Mountain St. Methodist in 1847 and a James Monaghan was present at the burial. My great grandfather named a son John and one James. I am TRYING to find my George Monaghan Sr.'s family, trying to confirm relationships, if you know this family/lineage or you descend from it (Lewis & Margaret) please contact me. Oh, and with my great grandpa George Monaghan Jr. he changed the spelling somewhere along the way to "Monahan"

Thanks in advance,
Sharron
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
charronnAD3AU 22 Apr 2011 7:24PM GMT 
judycashel 1 Aug 2012 2:50AM GMT 
donnaborden1 2 Aug 2012 12:12AM GMT 
judycashel 5 Sep 2012 6:12PM GMT 
judy_scorgie 4 Apr 2013 4:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic