Search for content in message boards

TB Sanatorium 1950ish

Replies: 15

Re: TB Sanatorium 1950ish

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 6:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
The "Old Weston San" also commonly known as "Buttonwood" was a TB hospital in that time. It remains on Buttonwood Ave and has been re-named The West Park Health Centre.

http://www.westpark.org/en/AboutUs/History.aspx

It is at the corner of Weston Road and Jane Street in West Toronto.

"The West Park Healthcare Centre was founded on September 2, 1904 by a philanthropist that goes by the name, Sir William Gage with some help from the National Sanitarium Association (NSA). When he first opened the the hospital doors it was named the Toronto Free Hospital for Consumptive Poor. When finally established, the West Park Healthcare Centre was one of the first centres in Canada that would treat advanced cases of tuberculosis.

The West Park Healthcare Centre's mission is to help patients, clients and residents of Toronto, to live the best possible life they can. They accomplish this by providing specialized rehab, complex continuing care and long-term care. They value repect towards others and strive for innovation. Their main goal is to achieve excellence in all fields of healthcare."
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HelFl 11 Feb 2013 9:54PM GMT 
donnaborden1 12 Feb 2013 2:23AM GMT 
HelFl 12 Feb 2013 8:38AM GMT 
donnaborden1 12 Feb 2013 2:35PM GMT 
timothyfcampb... 14 Feb 2013 4:17PM GMT 
donnaborden1 16 Feb 2013 7:10PM GMT 
Eliza823 14 Aug 2013 9:29PM GMT 
larmat7883 15 Aug 2013 12:26PM GMT 
larmat7883 16 Aug 2013 12:02PM GMT 
donnaborden1 16 Aug 2013 12:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic